My Official Initiation
Whenever the subject of polka dancing comes up the Karnas family is always scandalized to learn that, though I have known them for over 10 years, I have yet to learn to polka dance. To put this in perspective, because perhaps it seems odd that anyone would make polka dancing a regular topic of conversation, the Karnases are a polka dancing family. They’ve all been dancing the polka their whole lives (except Glen because he’s the youngest and has exceptionally long femurs). As an honorary member of their family, it is highly scandalous that I have never learned (especially as a person with proportionally average length femurs).
So finally, when Katie and Brian were here visiting last month, I learned to polka. But I had to admit my own reservations and hesitancy around the issue. I know they love doing it, but it is perhaps the dorkiest thing ever (second only to the electric slide or maybe square dancing). However, once I embraced my inner dork, I couldn’t get enough of the stuff and was bouncing around the room counting “One two three, one two three” and mimicking the motion of an accordion. What’s not to love about a dance where the person who’s teaching you says “You’re doing really well. But you’re a little too graceful. Think dorky.”

When we say dorky, we mean dorky.
Reel those puppies in though - too much bouncing isn't good for anyone. Even if you are dorky.

1 Comments:
hey now.
although i'm trying to differentiate, i polka too.
im just not good at it.
ell oh ell
-glen
Post a Comment
<< Home