Denial Is The First Step
I’m sick. I’m not sure how it happened – if it’s allergies (which I don’t think I really have) or a cold (which I don’t know how I got) or the flu (which I would be pissed if I got) or what. But it sucks big time.
It seems like every time I get sick it always takes me a long time to actually admit it to myself. I’ll say that maybe I ate something that upset my stomach, or didn’t sleep well, or have been smoking too much crack, or any variety of different excuses. Only when it becomes blatantly obvious (like when the consistency of things coming out of my nose - don't worry I won't go into detail - is so abnormal I'm forced to take pause) do I finally admit it: I’m sick, goddamnit.
Yesterday at a staff meeting we were all snacking on these awesome chocolate toffee things when someone commented on how nice and spicy the ginger flavor was. “There’s ginger in that?” I asked. Silence fell over the crowd until Maren finally said in her Mid-Western smack-down kind of way – “Uhh yeah. You’re sick. Just admit it to yourself.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home