Here's To One Swell Gal

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Well this is awkward

At the end of every program, whether it’s for middle schoolers or adults, I always tell people to come up to the front to check out the cool free stuff (pamphlets, condoms, pens), knowing that it will get people out of their seats and encourage those who have questions they’re too embarrassed to ask in front of the large group – and have been anxiously keeping to themselves the whole program– to come talk to me.

At my last high school program a girl cautiously walked up to me and said shyly, “This is a really random question.…” I could tell she was nervous and smiled and nodded supportively, figuring that it probably wasn’t very random at all (because usually it isn't). “Well, me and my friend….we’re wondering….(more smiling and nodding on my part)….and you can say no if you want to….but, well....Can I take a picture of you? We really like your hair.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, madam, once you accept how utterly beautiful you are and learn to take compliments, your life will be much much easier.

Now you don't have to go get chinese food...you have your fortune right here.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter