Here's To One Swell Gal

Saturday, March 11, 2006

(Sub)Urban Hiking

Today I grabbed a water bottle, some snacks and my (NEW!) digital camera and ventured into the outdoors. It was Herman's first time out - but she handled it just fine. Like a pro, in fact. Below are some of my favorite photos from our outing. I was going to say that you can see more on my Flickr page but they only let you upload a certain amount each month, the bitches! Apparently I've reached my limit. And I refuse to pay. For now.

This is one of my favorites from this set.


Overall it's a pretty uninspiring time of year to take photos. Even though it was 55 degrees and sunny today, things are still pretty dead. But every now and then there were little signs of life peaking out just screaming ME! Take a picture of ME! Damnit!






This is a picture of my head taking a picture of my feet.


A mini waterfall created all these little bubbles that floated along the surface of the water.




There's lots more, but since your computer is probably still loading half of them I'll stop here. When the bitches at Flickr let me upload more I'll add a link to them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures...seriously...you should print some out and put them in frames. It makes me wonder if the camera is just realllly awesome or you are just great at taking interesting shots. I am sure it's a bit of both, but that thought always pops in my mind when I see pictures of nature and such. Maybe our family is just really good at placement? Still, really well shot. I like the little yellow flowers and the one with all the dead leaves and one little green plant poking out.

Herman done good.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm me likey the first one. pretty colors, textures, lines.
yum

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter