Here's To One Swell Gal

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hair growing adventures

Since no one else was around and I was dying to try out my new camera I ended up taking a lot of pictures of myself (and my hairy toe, as we already established). Taking pictures of yourself with this camera is not easy, so they're a little awkward. Once I learn how to use the timer it will be a lot less difficult and carpal-tunnel inducing. But I'm way too impatient to read through the owner's manual (too many words! What happened to writing directions using only pictures?) and figured I would just keep pressing buttons until I got it to do what I wanted. Then after that failed (because, like, it did) I succumbed to the power of the book. It's amazing how much easier things are to use when you read the directions. Go freaking figure.

Every Monday when I walk into work after not having seen my co-workers for a few days they always freak out about how much my hair grew over the weekend. And it's kind of true - it looks a different every day. Everyday certain parts are longer than others, some parts are really curling and some aren't at all. I have to say, seeing what my hair will look like in the morning is usually the highlight of my day. And my co-workers always say how much they look forward to seeing my hair, wondering What will it look like today? (it's the little things, you know?)

So anyway, I thought the internets would be interested in seeing how my hair is growing out.

I took this picture on the night setting, which has a really slow shutter speed to let more light in. I liked the way it gave everything a reddish glow.

Then I enhanced the picture (which makes outlines and shadows and stuff more...umm...enhanced and stuff) and turned it black and white. I heart iPhoto.



I took this picture not realizing that my camera was zoomed in (have I mentioned the awesome zoom yet?). I decided to keep the picture because it reminds me of those Pantene commercials where people have ridiculous, unrealistic shiny hair. Take that Pantene! I don't even shampoo my hair. Ha! (really, I don't. Ever. It's part of the Curly Girl Manifesto).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Tash, I must say that is some impressive hair growing. Last I saw you it was a mere peach fuzz. And now you've got a nice 1950s middle-aged librarian look going. Don't worry though, you wear it well. You're probably one of the only twenty-somethings I know that could make that style look good. So shut up it's a compliment

2:00 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

ummm...thaaaanks. heh. heh.

but i know, you're right - i call it the Mommy 'Do. i'll be happy when it gets longer so i'm not mistaken for a middle-aged librarian (because after this stage comes the cutesy curly little girl look. that one's muuuuuch better [insert sarcastic look here].

thanks for the compliment. jerk. :-)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter