Here's To One Swell Gal

Sunday, February 19, 2006

In bed with my Bitch

Of course, on one of 10 sunny days we get in the winter, I am sick and in bed.

If I had just decided to be lazy and lay in bed I wouldn't mind that it was sunny. But seeing as how it feels like my nose and forehead are trying to disconnect themselves from my face, the sun just seems to mock me.

I had started to feel better a couple days ago, and took that as a sign that I could stop guzzling Emergen-C, lemon, honey and rum tea (yes, rum. Nothing like a little alcohol to get the day started), and those horrible drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract that make me want to vomit. I also stopped using my Neti Pot and gargling with salt water. BAD IDEA. I felt better because I was obsessively doing those things, and now, predictably, I feel like shit. Again.

It would be nice to have someone around to slap me upside the head at times like this. Because really, what's a significant other for other than to point out your stupidity. And then laugh at you. Or hit you upside the head. As the case may be.

So, instead of enjoying the sunshine and getting some much needed Vitamin [whichever one you get from the sun - I can never remember], I'm laying in bed with a jug of Emergen-C and my newest edition of Bitch magazine. Did you think I was in bed with something else?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pot has some mystical powers. The girl in the link's website looks like she is having FUN!

Feel better Bitch. I mean...feel better and have fun reading Bitch.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter